Beneath the Harrow

"The toad beneath the harrow knows,
exactly where each tooth-point goes;
The butterfly upon the road,
preaches contentment to that toad."
    - Rudyard Kipling; Pagett M.P.

Thanks to Jedimom for the title and the quote for this series. If you choose to read these stories, you should read them in order.


Please do not link directly to this page or to any of the fanfic on it. If you want to link to my fanfic, link to http://www.siubhan.com/list.html


Sparring Lessons - NC-17 (13 KB)
Mystique gives Toad his daily sparring lesson, and morphs into Darth Maul. (7/00)

Afterthought, by Jedimom - R (3 KB)
Mystique muses on the events of the previous story. (8/00)

Recovery Period - PG-13 (39 KB)
Follow-up to previous two stories. Toad and Mystique recover from the events of the film. (8/00)

Halloween - NC-17 (30 KB)
Follow-up to previous three stories. Toad and Mystique go out on the one holiday where Toad doesn't need to worry about what he looks like. (8/00)

Shifting Alliances, by Jedimom - PG-13 (30 KB)
There's an assassination attempt on "Senator Kelly" and Mystique and Toad are forced to accept help from unlikely allies. (8/00)

Home - PG-13 (42 KB)
Toad goes back to York, where he grew up. (8/00)

Fourteen Months - PG (29 KB)
Fourteen months after the events of "Home," Toad has a good day. (8/00)

Equal and Opposite Reaction - PG-13 (19 KB/3 KB/7 KB)
The mutant anti-discrimination law gets repealed, Magneto steps up his campaign, and Toad pays the price. You get to choose between two endings for this story, and one comes with a follow-up story by Jedimom (6 KB). (8/00)

The Return, by Jedimom - PG-13 (6 KB)
Above-mentioned follow-up to the realistic ending to "Equal and Opposite Reaction," told from Margaret's point of view. (8/00)

House Arrest - PG (11 KB)
Follow-up to the "happy" ending to "Equal and Opposite Reaction," told from Agnes's point of view. (8/00)

The Wish - PG (33 KB)
A little utterance from Hannah shakes up the household. (9/00)

Impasse - PG-13 (26 KB)
Mortimer deals with therapy, prepares for the new children, and has a philosophical argument with Professor Xavier. (9/00)

Touching Light - PG-13 (56 KB)
The first children start arriving, as well as an adult woman as visibly mutated as Mortimer. (10/00)

Repayment - PG-13 (22 KB)
Things are going well for Mortimer, and then he receives some bad news. (10/00)

Dear Mom and Dad - PG (5 KB)
Shariya writes home. (10/00)

Hearing Violins - NC-17 (35 KB)
Mortimer's career as a mole is in full swing, and Agnes stays home for a change, giving Mortimer a night off. (10/00)

The Needs of the One - R (38 KB)
Magneto and Sabretooth break out of jail, leading Mortimer to one inevitable conclusion. (10/00)

Private Journal Entry - PG-13 (8 KB)
An entry from Doctor Ann Shapiro's journal. (10/00)

Dear Crazy Mary - PG-13 (6 KB)
Shariya writes to a friend. (10/00)

Brazil vs. Argentina - PG-13 (10 KB)
Logan spends an afternoon watching soccer with Mortimer. (10/00)

Renewal - PG-13 (45 KB)
As Mortimer recovers, life throws him some curveballs. (11/00)

Bait - PG-13 (45 KB)
Shariya's vanished, and Mortimer is summoned to the professor to try and find out why. (12/00)

The Walk - PG-13 (32 KB)
Parole day. (1/01)


Return to the fanfic index
Return to Siubhan's Main Page
Siubhan's House of Horror/siubhan@siubhan.com